Have you heard about the story behind the $250 Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookie recipe? Although Neiman Marcus has confirmed that this story is not true, it’s interesting. It was also the main reason that I wanted to try these cookies.
Here’s the story: A lady walks into the Neiman Marcus cafe and orders a chocolate chip cookie. She loved it so much that she asked the waitress for the recipe. The waitress said would be “two fifty”. The lady passed on her credit card but when she looked at her bank statement later she found out she was charged “$250”. She was so angry that she decided to publish the recipe online so everyone could have it.
True or not, this chocolate chip cookie recipe is so good that everyone should try it. The cookies are sweet and soft, and the chocolate just melts in your mouth. The surprising ingredient is that they’re made with blended oats, but the taste is so subtle that you barely taste them.
These cookies are just delicious. Whoever made the recipe, thank you! Although we don’t know who it was, this recipe became famous as the “$250 Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip cookie recipe,” and if you haven’t made it before, you’re missing out.
The $250 Neiman Marcus Cookie
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the butter, sugar, salt, eggs. Then add the vanilla extract. Lastly, add the walnuts and chocolate.
- Combine the dry and wet mixture together.
- Make small balls out of the dough and place them on the parchment paper.
- Bake until the edges are done but the center looks undone.