These chocolate covered banana bites with shredded coconut sprinkled on top are about to become your new favorite snack.
If you’re like me, and you’re constantly looking for snacks to satisfy your sweet tooth, then you’re reading the right blog post.
I’m a big fan of afternoon snacks, especially right now, when I barely leave the house. These days the trips to the kitchen are a lot more frequent and snacks are becoming a necessity.
It’s my little “pick me up” in the afternoon and it’s the same for the kids.
Because of that, I try to keep the refrigerator filled with fruits and veggies. I want to have healthy options available at all times; otherwise I’d go for the the pantry and grab a cookie or two or three and I won’t know when to stop. You know the feeling?
These chocolate covered banana bites are perfect for those days when you’re craving something sweet. They take only 10 minutes to prepare, then put them in the freezer for about 40 minutes.
I used unsweetened chocolate chips, which are not easy to find in most grocery stores, but any chocolate chips or melts would work. If you want to try these unsweetened chocolate chips, you can order them from Amazon, I use these.
If you have some melted chocolate left, you can spread it on a thin layer on parchment paper and freeze it. Then break it up and eat with some berries or you can also put it in hot milk to make hot chocolate.
I often make more than one portion because it’s such a great snack to keep in the freezer.
Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- shreded coconut
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small to meidum bowl and mix well.
- Put the bowl in the microwave for 15 sec, stir, and do another 15 sec. You want to make sure that the chocolate chips are melted but not hot.
- Prepare a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Slice the banana into medium rounds.
- Slowly dip the banana slices into the melted chocolate chips, then place them on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the chocolate covered banana bites with shredded coconut and then put them in the freezer for about 40 minutes.
If you like these chocolate covered banana bites, you might also like to check out these recipes: